You can put a tag at the end of a sentence to make a question. The verb in the sentence is used to make the tag, the noun becomes a pronoun.
- You like lasagna, don't you ?
- Jack doesn't play tennis, does he ?
- The president is a charming fellow, isn't he ?
Positive verb, negative question tag - We normally expect YES as an answer.
- Kuwait produces a lot of oil, doesn't it ?
- Mary is a great volleyball player, isn't she?
- My mother goes to dance classes every Saturday, doesn't she ?
Negative verb, positive question tag - We normally expect NO as an answer.
- There aren't any volcanoes in that part of the world, are there ?
- Jimmy hasn't got any money left, has he ?
- My sister won't go to the meeting, will she ?